Deja vu

My cell phone rang pretty early in the morning. It was 11, but in college life, that’s what early morning is. It was Hashmi.

“How much you got?”

“What are you talking about?” I said.

“CAT is out. Haven’t you checked the score?”

Okay, so it’s “the day” already.

I told him what I had told everyone else earlier.

“I tore my admit card, I don’t have any idea what my roll number is.”

“Check it somehow. And do tell me when you come to know.”

Yeah, I will.


What’s the point, man? I already know my score. I know I have screwed up. No matter what percentile I get, I’m not gonna get a call, so, what’s the whole damn point!

That’s the reason why I tore my admit card as soon as I came out the examination hall.

And yes, I have no reasons to complain. I didn’t bust my ass for it, like innumerable others. To say the least, I hardly touched a book to prepare for it. It was even worse than my JEE prep.


Now I feel just as frustrated as that day 4 years back (when my JEE result came out).

I know I’m not in “that league”. And I know that just like my JEE result, this time too I would have missed out because of an extremely small margin. Looking at such a result will just make me even more frustrated. I'm getting flashbacks. Feels like deja vu.


Anyway, I’ve asked one of my friends, who’s at IIM-C, to obtain my result for me. He’s supposed to have connections or something.

Let’s see what it will be.

I couldn’t care less..!!

0 people killed themselves after reading this...:

Post a Comment